Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel & Custom Menus

I have a question: I opened an Excel file made by a co-
worker that used some custom menus. Now, every time I
open ANY Excel file, I get the following:

"Unable to load Application.COMAddIns.Item
("PPCMenu.dsrPPCMenuExcel").object.clsMenuManag er"

It does not occur when I open Excel. Only when I open an
Excel file.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Excel to no avail. Do
you have any clue as to where this "need" for this file
resides on my PC? Even if you don't know precisely how to
fix it, if you can tell me how to characterize the
problem, that would help me search the Microsoft
knowledge base better. Can you tell I am frustrated?

Thanks,
Stuart
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This looks like a COM object - like an ActiveX control
that was registered on the original creator's PC but
isn't on yours. Try going to the IDE, then under
TYolls/References look to see if any are marked
as 'Missing:'
If there is one, then if you need it, you need to install
the object - get the guy who made it to install it for
you. If you don't need it, then you'll need to isolate &
remove any refrences in code to it. Remember that it may
alos be an object on a sheet or a form.

HTH
Patrick Molloy
Microsoft Excel MVP

I have a question: I opened an Excel file made by a co-
worker that used some custom menus. Now, every time I
open ANY Excel file, I get the following:

"Unable to load Application.COMAddIns.Item
("PPCMenu.dsrPPCMenuExcel").object.clsMenuManager "

It does not occur when I open Excel. Only when I open an
Excel file.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Excel to no avail. Do
you have any clue as to where this "need" for this file
resides on my PC? Even if you don't know precisely how

fix it, if you can tell me how to characterize the
problem, that would help me search the Microsoft
knowledge base better. Can you tell I am frustrated?

Thanks,
Stuart
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

[...]

Patrick, thanks for your help.

Excel 2007 - Custom menus is missing! Søren Thade Petersen Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 July 11th 06 01:59 AM
Please Help Me with Custom menus Mr BT Excel Worksheet Functions 7 July 4th 06 05:15 PM
Copy Excel Custom Menus to New Computer Iain Sloan Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 January 13th 05 06:45 PM
Custom menus Lee Excel Programming 4 November 12th 03 11:53 PM
Excel.xlb and Custom Menus Taher Baderkhan[_2_] Excel Programming 2 October 10th 03 06:38 PM