Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro Question

Hi there,

Can someone please help me with macro programming to do the following?
(Im going nuts)

Here is what I have....
(4) sheets within a worksheet,
sheet1 = master sheet
sheet2-4 = copies of master but with certain cells turned off for
various users.

Function:

I would like to insert a new row in the master sheet at any givin row
location....then input data across that row at various cells.

Then I would select the entire row with new data....run a MACRO that
would duplicate it on the other sheets at the exact same location. In
other words...all Four(4) sheets should be Identical in formatting and
row sequence.

I have done this with copyinbg a set row to a set row, but I do not
know how to write macro to pick user defined row to be duplicated.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Dizzy

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This is run from the line you want to insert. First macro
insert the line and quits, then you put in the data to
carry to the other three sheets. While on the line you
want to duplicate you run the second macro. Pretty
simple, but it works. Assumes the sheets are named Sheet,
Sheet2, etc.

Sub LineForData()
ActiveCell.Rows("1:1").EntireRow.Select
Selection.Insert Shift:=xlDown
ActiveCell.Select
End Sub
Sub InsertLine()
For x = 1 To 3
InsertRow = ActiveCell.Row
ActiveCell.EntireRow.Select
Selection.Copy
Sheets("Sheet" & (x + 1)).Select
Rows((InsertRow) & ":" & (InsertRow)).EntireRow.Select
Selection.Insert Shift:=xlDown
ActiveSheet.Paste
Next
Sheets("Sheet1").Select
End Sub
[...]

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

[...]

Dizzy - You can do this without code by grouping your

sheets (clicking on the first and last sheet tabs),
insert your row where needed (highlight your row and
press ctrl and the + sign) insert your data in the cells
of the top sheet and it will be automatically entered for
you in the other sheets. Then right click on the sheet
tab to ungroup the sheets. REMEMBER when in group mode
ALL changes made are reflected throughout the group
sheets. Grouping is a very powerful tool but must be used
with care

Good luck - Keith