Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro in Excel

I "designed" a score-board (for biljart) in Excel.
I would like to add a knob to go back to a blanc score when a new match
starts.
What are the instructions that I have to put in the macro linked to the knob
?
(I have no experience in this programming matter).

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Walter

If you have no experience it may be very unwise to give scant guidance here.

The one thing I would say is that if the data does not change places. (That
is no cutting/pasting/row or column adding), you could record yourself
deleting the old scores

ToolsMacros...Record new macro.

Make sure it is set to record in 'This Workbook and you can then assign it
to a toolbar button

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"walter.vbn" wrote in message
I "designed" a score-board (for biljart) in Excel.
I would like to add a knob to go back to a blanc score when a new match
starts.
What are the instructions that I have to put in the macro linked to the

knob
?
(I have no experience in this programming matter).

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

A non-macro approach.

Select your cells that need to be reset (to 0's or blanks????).

Then give that selection a nice range name (Insert|name|Define).

When you want to clear/zero out those scores, just F5 (edit|goto) and select
that name. Hit the delete key (to clear) or type 0 and hit ctrl enter to fill
with 0's.

==
If you wanted a button to run a macro, you could do it with one of these lines:

ActiveSheet.Range("myScores").Value = 0
or
ActiveSheet.Range("myscores").ClearContents

(I named the range of cell "myScores")

"walter.vbn" wrote:

I "designed" a score-board (for biljart) in Excel.
I would like to add a knob to go back to a blanc score when a new match
starts.
What are the instructions that I have to put in the macro linked to the knob
?
(I have no experience in this programming matter).

--

Dave Peterson