Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to get Control M to move cursor down

Hello-

My bar code scanner is sending an ASCII control-M to excel. I was
wondering how I might record a macro to get it to move the cursor
down.

I tried using the macro tool - but it merely places the cursor back to
the cell during the recording.

I imagine this is foolishly simple to do... any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks
Dag

Please post and email
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try this

Sub test()
ActiveCell(2).Select
End Sub

Or this one

Sub test2()
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select

Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003)
www.rondebruin.nl

"Dag Adamson" wrote in message m...
Hello-

My bar code scanner is sending an ASCII control-M to excel. I was
wondering how I might record a macro to get it to move the cursor
down.

I tried using the macro tool - but it merely places the cursor back to
the cell during the recording.

I imagine this is foolishly simple to do... any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks
Dag

Please post and email

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

And just to add to Ron's code:

Tools|macro|macros...
Click on Test (or Test2) and then click Options
That's where you can assign the shortcut key.

then Ok, then Cancel your way out.

=========
And this may not work, but you may want to try this:
Tools|options|Edit
Check Move selection after enter (and make it move Down)

If I recall, ctrl-M was a way to send an enter key to some old DOS programs (and
modem programs, too).

(But I have no idea if this'll work with your scanner. Ctrl-m didn't work when
I typed it manually--but it'll only take a moment to find out.)

--

Dave Peterson