-   -   How to get Control M to move cursor down (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/285909-how-get-control-m-move-cursor-down.html)

Dag Adamson

How to get Control M to move cursor down

Hello-

My bar code scanner is sending an ASCII control-M to excel. I was
wondering how I might record a macro to get it to move the cursor
down.

I tried using the macro tool - but it merely places the cursor back to
the cell during the recording.

I imagine this is foolishly simple to do... any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks
Dag

Please post and email

Ron de Bruin

How to get Control M to move cursor down

Try this

Sub test()
ActiveCell(2).Select
End Sub

Or this one

Sub test2()
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select

Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003)
www.rondebruin.nl

"Dag Adamson" wrote in message m...
Hello-

My bar code scanner is sending an ASCII control-M to excel. I was
wondering how I might record a macro to get it to move the cursor
down.

I tried using the macro tool - but it merely places the cursor back to
the cell during the recording.

I imagine this is foolishly simple to do... any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks
Dag

Please post and email

Dave Peterson[_3_]

How to get Control M to move cursor down

And just to add to Ron's code:

Tools|macro|macros...
Click on Test (or Test2) and then click Options
That's where you can assign the shortcut key.

then Ok, then Cancel your way out.

=========
And this may not work, but you may want to try this:
Tools|options|Edit
Check Move selection after enter (and make it move Down)

If I recall, ctrl-M was a way to send an enter key to some old DOS programs (and
modem programs, too).

(But I have no idea if this'll work with your scanner. Ctrl-m didn't work when
I typed it manually--but it'll only take a moment to find out.)

--

Dave Peterson