Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default External data query - need to use SELECT * (ALL RECORDS)

I have a query that will expand every month to include all monthly
data. How can i modify my existing data query to include SELECT *
(for all records), instead of adding a column every month ?

Thanks,

Vlad
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Use a defined name for the range like
On the sheet where you want the nameinsertnamedefinetype in something
like Select
in the refers to box type in
=offset($a$1,0,0,0,counta($1:$1))
For more info on this look in HELP index for OFFSET
--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Vlad" wrote in message
om...
I have a query that will expand every month to include all monthly
data. How can i modify my existing data query to include SELECT *
(for all records), instead of adding a column every month ?

Thanks,

Vlad

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I am using the OFFSET to specify target name range, but the query
definition (Excel's MS Query) still selects individual columns eg.
"Select qry.Column1, qry.Column2 from qry" , instead of "Select * from
qry ". Is there a way to specify SELECT * (ALL) in the Get External
Data Qry definition ?

Vlad Rakic
Sydney, OZ