Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Keep cell data with records from a query

I have a worksheet that I use to compile data from a query through an ODBC
connection to my access database. Columns A thru G are populated from the
query and then I use column H to enter any notes for a specific record.
Column H does not come from the query, it's just used within the worksheet.
Is there a way to keep those notes with that particular row of data even
after the query is refreshed and that row is moved down the list? Right now
if I enter data on a row and then refresh the query it may move that row down
some but the notes that I entered stays on the row I originally entered them
on. Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

A very similar problem appeared a few days ago in this newsgroup. You
can read it he
http://tinyurl.com/236qnk

HTH
Kostis Vezerides

On Jan 26, 7:10 pm, Secret Squirrel
wrote:
I have a worksheet that I use to compile data from a query through an ODBC
connection to my access database. Columns A thru G are populated from the
query and then I use column H to enter any notes for a specific record.
Column H does not come from the query, it's just used within the worksheet.
Is there a way to keep those notes with that particular row of data even
after the query is refreshed and that row is moved down the list? Right now
if I enter data on a row and then refresh the query it may move that row down
some but the notes that I entered stays on the row I originally entered them
on. Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello,
That looks like a possible solution but my problem is a little different (I
think). I currently have one sheet that I use to run my query. I have a
another sheet that I use to copy over from the query sheet. I have an
additional column on sheet 2 that I use to enter my comments. How would that
solution work for my situation?