Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Formatting of workbook window

Hello

I seem to have lost the ability to re-size the active window in a
excel file. I do not have the minimize, maximize and close button
that are usually in the top right hand corner, and when I place th
mouse over the edge of the window, I cannot drag it to make it bigger.

I have looked throught the various vb codes that are on the worksheet
and userforms in the file and can see nothing to remove or add thes
functions. As I did not create this file, I'm not sure where else t
look and have never had to figure out code for this.

Thanks in advance, and hopefully someone can help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try:

Tools | Protection | Unprotect Workbook (*not* Worksheet).

--

Vasant

"Candee" wrote in message
Hello

I seem to have lost the ability to re-size the active window in an
excel file. I do not have the minimize, maximize and close buttons
that are usually in the top right hand corner, and when I place the
mouse over the edge of the window, I cannot drag it to make it bigger.

I have looked throught the various vb codes that are on the worksheets
and userforms in the file and can see nothing to remove or add these
functions. As I did not create this file, I'm not sure where else to
look and have never had to figure out code for this.

Thanks in advance, and hopefully someone can help.

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You workbook is protect Candee

If you protect a workbook in ToolsProtection..Protect Workbook
with Windows checked you get this behavior

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003)

"Candee" wrote in message ...
Hello

I seem to have lost the ability to re-size the active window in an
excel file. I do not have the minimize, maximize and close buttons
that are usually in the top right hand corner, and when I place the
mouse over the edge of the window, I cannot drag it to make it bigger.

I have looked throught the various vb codes that are on the worksheets
and userforms in the file and can see nothing to remove or add these
functions. As I did not create this file, I'm not sure where else to
look and have never had to figure out code for this.

Thanks in advance, and hopefully someone can help.

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks so much...feeling a little stupid now.......

Thanks agai