Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How do I delete ExternalRata range names?

Whenever I run a web query it inserts a new ExternalData name into the
name box. So it keeps going ExternalData1, ExternalData2 and so on.
1. How can I stop that?
2. How can I manually delete those names? Nothing seems to be able to
get at them.
Thanks,
Nathan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try this.

Sub DeleteWorkbookNames()
'' Deletes extraneous names left from queries.

Dim Nim As Name

For Each Nim In ActiveWorkbook.Names
If Nim.Name Like "*ExternalData*" Then Nim.Delete
Next Nim

End Sub

HTH
Paul
Be advised to back up your WorkBook before attempting to make changes.