Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Nathan Gutman Nathan Gutman is offline

Default How do I delete ExternalRata range names?

Thanks Paul, I will give it a try.
On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 13:26:03 -0700, am wrote:

Try this.

Sub DeleteWorkbookNames()
'' Deletes extraneous names left from queries.

Dim Nim As Name

For Each Nim In ActiveWorkbook.Names
If Nim.Name Like "*ExternalData*" Then Nim.Delete
Next Nim

End Sub

HTH
Paul
Be advised to back up your WorkBook before attempting to make changes.

Whenever I run a web query it inserts a new ExternalData name into the
name box. So it keeps going ExternalData1, ExternalData2 and so on.
1. How can I stop that?
2. How can I manually delete those names? Nothing seems to be able to
get at them.
Thanks,
Nathan