Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Leo Leo is offline

Default How can I use a worksheet while running a userform?

Probably the most basic question in userform programming:

I have created a userform in excel 97. When I run the userform it
works perfectly, but I cannot modify the worksheet (cells etc). I can
access the worksheet through buttons on the userform (for instance
ref-edits), but I cannot actually work with the worksheet.

What I want to create is a userform that hangs around in the background
until you need it.

Advice will be appreciated :)

Leo

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Leo,

You are talking about modeless forms, which are not supported in
Excel 97. You can make a 97 form modeless using a technique
described by Stephen Bullen at
http://www.bmsltd.co.uk/DLCount/DLCo...delessForm.zip
..

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Leo" wrote in message
Probably the most basic question in userform programming:

I have created a userform in excel 97. When I run the userform

it
works perfectly, but I cannot modify the worksheet (cells etc).

I can
access the worksheet through buttons on the userform (for

instance
ref-edits), but I cannot actually work with the worksheet.

What I want to create is a userform that hangs around in the

background
until you need it.

Advice will be appreciated :)

Leo

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Leo Leo is offline

That was exactly it! I havnŽt figured out how it works yet, and if
donŽt IŽll be back.

Thanks.

Le

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

how you do this if it`s excel 2000?

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can use Conditional Compilation to test if you are running in
VBA6, which is the version of VBA used in Excel 2000 and later.
E.g.,

#If VBA6 Then
Userform1.Show vbModeless
#Else
Userform1.Show
#End If

Note that the # characters are required.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP - Excel