Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel 2003 prompts for the password when I am not opening the stated file.

I have recently installed Office 2003 so I'm running Excel Version
11.0 Build 5612. One of the workbooks that I use is password protected
and since I first opened it in Excel 2003 it now asks me for the
password for that workbook every time I start Excel. Has anybody else
seen this behaviour and if so how do I fix it?

Thanks,

Liam

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Perhaps you saved it to your XLSTART folder (or "Alternate startup fil
location") when it will (try to) load when Excel is opened

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes it does. It even opens it in a writeable state (as opposed to
having to enter your password a second time to make it writeable).

Liam
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes it was in my XLStart folder. I don't know how it got in there
because I wasn't aware that this folder existed or what it did.

Thanks Brian.