Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Design Input, please

A typical 'set' of data is as follows:

Col
A B C D E
with headers:
Item Description Qty Unit Rate Total
and data:
M External brickwork 100 m2 50.00 5000.00

this will be followed by another set of data, just a few rows later.
The example above would have a rowheight of 12.75.

User A creates the workbook and the sets of data (with the
exception of values in cols E and F). User B adds these values.
User C has to work with their product.

What I'm struggling to achieve, is a way to let user C see the
'workings' that led user A to reach the quantity (100), and display
that alongside the relevent dataset.

In a simple case for the above qty, the workings might be:

2/ 10.00
2.00 40.00
¬¬¬¬ ' underline
4/ 15.00
1.00 60.00
¬¬¬¬ ¬¬¬¬¬
100.00

but this could go on for many rows, before the total is reached.

BTW, Cols G:J are reserved for other uses.

Could I have a hidden sheet, accessed by a cell in Col K, that
would display the workings whilst still also displaying the
relevent dataset alongside?

Any help much appreciated.

Regards.

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You could use comment boxes. They are hidden and can pop
out when rolled over. Try this

Sub Commentator()
Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").NoteText _
"2 @ 10.00 x 2 = 40.00" & Chr(10) & _
"4 @ 15.00 x 1 = 60.00" & Chr(10) & _
"60.00 + 40.00 = 100.00"
End Sub

[...]