Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Crash working with Excel 2000

I have an Excel workbook that uses two other *.xlss.
Before that I added some instructions the following
statement functions:
"ActiveWorkBook.SaveCopyAs PathDest", where PathDest is a
string containing the entire path of the new copy of the
active workbook.
But when I write a sub (without any calling of it) Excel
2000 has crashed, with a violation for VBE6.dll.
This crash has occured on tuo PCs:
the first, with Windows 2000 SP2 and Excel 2000 SR-1;
the secord, with Windows 2000 (no SP) and Excel 2000 SR-1.
On another PC, with Windows 2000 SP 2 and Excel 2000 SR-1
this crash HASN'T occured.
I have the original file of this *.xls that functions, but
when I add some instructions Excel 2000 crashes.
The dimension of this *.xls is about 240 kb.
How can I solve this issue?
Do I must update my Windows system?
Do I must update my Excel?
Do I must update my RAM?
Does a log exist to capture this violation for VBE6.dll?

Many thanks for your suggests.

Best regards

Pasquale
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Have you tried Rob Bovey's code cleaner, from
http://www.BMSLtd.co.uk/mvp

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England
No email replies please - reply in newsgroup

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I tried code cleaner unsuccessfully.

How can I solve my issue?

Pasquale

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Pasquale wrote:
I tried code cleaner unsuccessfully.

How can I solve my issue?

I don't know.

If you have a very large VBA module (2000 lines) then you should split
it into smaller modules; you may be hitting a module size limit.

Does a log exist to capture this violation for VBE6.dll?

I am not a user of Windows 2000, but I imagine that when the error is
reported to you there is a way to see the address at which the error
occurs. It is sometimes useful to search for that address in the
Microsoft Knowledgebase.