Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Determine if there's data in embedded word document

I have an Excel workbook with several sheets in it and each sheet
already has an embedded word document in it. There is a wrap-up sheet
at the end of the workbook with a cell that says "Comments?" and it
needs to have "Yes" in a certain cell if there are any comments on any
of the embedded word documents. Before I switched to embedded word
documents, I had a large merged cell on the individual sheets for the
comments and the wrap-up sheet was linked with this formula -
=IF(Sheet1!$B$580,"Yes","")

This is the code that is attached to a button that activates the word
document:

Sub ActivateWordDoc()
ActiveSheet.Protect UserInterfaceOnly:=True
ActiveSheet.Shapes("Object 16").Select
Selection.Verb Verb:=xlPrimary
End Sub

Now I need something the equivalent of:

If Sheets("Sheet1").Shapes("Object 16").Value < "" then
Sheets("Wrap-up").Range("A1").Value = "Yes"
End if

This obviously doesn't work and is probably far too simple, but at
least you can see what I am trying to do. I intend to put the code
into the Sheet Activate event of the Wrap-up sheet so the "yeses" will
be there when anybody views that sheet.

Thanks for any help you can give me! You guys have been EXTREMELY
helpful in the past!

Bonnie