Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macros i XL 2003 versus 2000 - speed problems

I run a report in Excel which collects data via ODBC from a Superbase
database. Excel macros then edit data, format data, saves files in
different formats and prints the report. The entire package has run for
about a year in 14 minutes every day.
After "upgrading" my PC to Windows XP and Office Professional 2003 it
takes over an hour to run the report. The ODBC part is still OK but the
macro part where a filter is applied and the remaining rows are to be
deleted takes forever. Once it comes through, the final parts of saving
and printing runs well.

Does anyone know if Excel 2003 handles macros differently than 2000
did? Any hints on how to speed things up?

Hopeful!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ankan wrote:
The entire package has run for
about a year in 14 minutes every day.
After "upgrading" my PC to Windows XP and Office Professional 2003 it
takes over an hour to run the report.

Make sure that Tools / Options / Calculation is Manual (or in VBA:
Application.Calculation = xlManual
)

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England
No email replies please - reply in newsgroup

This message was posted by a volunteer directly to the Microsoft public
newsgroups. For best results, connect to these newsgroups directly by
clicking news://msnews.microsoft.com, or read the archives at
http://groups.google.com.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks, Bill, that worked like a charm