Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Selecting columns

I have a excel sheet with 5 columns (A,B,C,D,E). I want to write a macr
to select column D and E and then change its font color. I have merge
cells in Column A. What happens is that due to merged cells when
write the statement
columns ("D:E").select or Range("$D:$E").select
it selects the whole sheet(from column A to column E). Could someon
suggest a wayout to select column D and E only with merged cells i
Column A.

Thank

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You don't have to select cells to operate on them
programmatically. Just specify the ranges and then
instruct what to do to/with them. If you only want to
change the font colour in Columns D and E then don't
select the cells. Just try:
Columns("D:E").Font.ColorIndex = 3
This will exclude the merged range that intersects with
Columns D and E.

Regards,
Greg

I have a excel sheet with 5 columns (A,B,C,D,E). I want

to write a macro
to select column D and E and then change its font color.

I have merged
cells in Column A. What happens is that due to merged

cells when i
write the statement
columns ("D:E").select or Range("$D:$E").select
it selects the whole sheet(from column A to column E).

Could someone
suggest a wayout to select column D and E only with

merged cells in
Column A.

Thanks

~~View and post usenet messages directly from

http://www.ExcelForum.com/

~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step

guide to creating financial statements
.