Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default When workbook is closed tries to reopen??

I have a workbook that, as part of its function, uses the onTime comman
to refresh a particular sheet. When you exit the file however, it trie
to reopen it ( a box with enable / disable macros) pops up again. I
there a quick fix for this - a bit of code to stop all macros prior t
closing

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You need to cancel the OnTime event procedure. See
www.cpearson.com/excel/ontime.htm for details.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"bdcrisp" wrote in message

I have a workbook that, as part of its function, uses the

onTime command
to refresh a particular sheet. When you exit the file however,

it tries
to reopen it ( a box with enable / disable macros) pops up

again. Is
there a quick fix for this - a bit of code to stop all macros

prior to
closing?

~~View and post usenet messages directly from

http://www.ExcelForum.com/

~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide

to creating financial statements

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I visited the site, and followed its instructions on ending ontime
function but still have the same problem. I have 2 ontime events.. i
tired disabling events, disabling timer (Setting schedule to false) but
these do not seem to work.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Are you storing the time in a public variable? When you use
schedule:=false, you must provide the EXACT time that the timer
was scheduled for.