-   -   When workbook is closed tries to reopen?? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/284741-when-workbook-closed-tries-reopen.html)

bdcrisp[_2_]

When workbook is closed tries to reopen??

I have a workbook that, as part of its function, uses the onTime comman
to refresh a particular sheet. When you exit the file however, it trie
to reopen it ( a box with enable / disable macros) pops up again. I
there a quick fix for this - a bit of code to stop all macros prior t
closing

Chip Pearson

When workbook is closed tries to reopen??

You need to cancel the OnTime event procedure. See
www.cpearson.com/excel/ontime.htm for details.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"bdcrisp" wrote in message

I have a workbook that, as part of its function, uses the

onTime command
to refresh a particular sheet. When you exit the file however,

it tries
to reopen it ( a box with enable / disable macros) pops up

again. Is
there a quick fix for this - a bit of code to stop all macros

prior to
closing?

~~View and post usenet messages directly from

http://www.ExcelForum.com/

~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide

to creating financial statements

bdcrisp[_4_]

When workbook is closed tries to reopen??

I visited the site, and followed its instructions on ending ontime
function but still have the same problem. I have 2 ontime events.. i
tired disabling events, disabling timer (Setting schedule to false) but
these do not seem to work.

Chip Pearson

When workbook is closed tries to reopen??

Are you storing the time in a public variable? When you use
schedule:=false, you must provide the EXACT time that the timer
was scheduled for.