Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default CUT and COPY?

Hi,

I am wanting to stop people cutting or copying cells in my worksheet without
protecting the sheet - any ideas??

Regards,

Wazza McG

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
raj raj is offline

I don't think you can and still give them access to your
sheet. But, you could allow users to open a separate file
containing a picture of your file's data.

To make a picture, select your data, then click copy.
Go to your destination, hold down the [Shift] key and
click [Edit] then [Paste Picture]. This would allow the
users to see your data, but not edit it.

If you click [Picture Link] your picture will update
according to your changes, but the user can also gain
access to your file again by double clicking the pic.

Apart from that, I can't help. Hope this helps some...

I am wanting to stop people cutting or copying cells in

my worksheet without
protecting the sheet - any ideas??

Regards,

Wazza McG

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Sat, 6 Dec 2003, Wazza McG wrote:

I am wanting to stop people cutting or copying cells in my worksheet without
protecting the sheet - any ideas??

Why don't you want to protect the sheet?

Don <donwiss at panix.com.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Because they have to edit the cells, what the operators forget is that the
cells are linked to other formula's and by cutting and pasting it affects
the links' formula. Looks like I will have to try a different tactic -
blinking text to remind operators not to use cut or copy.

Regards,

Wazza McG
No email replies please - reply to the newsgroup!