Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default complex column sorting

I have a workbook with several sheets that referece a data sheet. If
I change the sort on the data sheet the other (referencing) sheets
fail to "follow" the change. The refering sheets now contain
different values b/c they point to the old (prior to sorting) cell
location of the data sheet.

I understand that Lotus handles this operation natively (without
coding). Can it be done in Excel too? I'm sure it can be done by
coding but since Lotus can do it natively, I wonder if Excel can too?

Thank you,

John Wilson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

John,

As you have found, Excel does not adjust formulas that refer to a range when that range is sorted. You will need to devise your own
way to track those changes.

--

John Green - Excel MVP
Sydney