Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Recording Page Setup macro

Greeting all:

I have a way of making the simplest things difficult.

I am trying to record a macro to format a worksheet through Page Setup.
From a formatting standpoint everything is working fine, but the formatted
sheet is legal size paper that must be fed through my printer's bypass tray
and the process of selecting "options" in "page setup" and selecting the
bypass tray in the print driver window does not record (presumably because
the print driver is not part of Excel).

Is there a VBA function that I can manually enter into the recorded macro to
accomplish this?

Scott

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Scott,

As you wrote, the print driver is not part of Excel.
So why don't you add a new printer (from control panel) with setting bypass
tray, and choose it via macro?

--
Kind Regards
Colo

URL:http://www.interq.or.jp/sun/puremis/...astersLink.htm

/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

"Scott" wrote in message
Greeting all:

I have a way of making the simplest things difficult.

I am trying to record a macro to format a worksheet through Page Setup.
From a formatting standpoint everything is working fine, but the formatted
sheet is legal size paper that must be fed through my printer's bypass

tray
and the process of selecting "options" in "page setup" and selecting the
bypass tray in the print driver window does not record (presumably

because
the print driver is not part of Excel).

Is there a VBA function that I can manually enter into the recorded macro

accomplish this?

Scott

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The only way I know of is to install up the same printer twice with
different names and different default paper trays. I've never tried this
personally but others have reprted success.

--

Vasant

"Scott" wrote in message
Greeting all:

I have a way of making the simplest things difficult.

I am trying to record a macro to format a worksheet through Page Setup.
From a formatting standpoint everything is working fine, but the formatted