Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Limitation

Hi All

I have a huge workbook, that is supposed to save to
around 19 meg, unfortunately all day today it has just
been giving me excel errors and saves to 18.056 meg and
dies on me. Does this mean I need more ram? More CPU
speed? Or do I need to rewrite whole chunks of the book
to drop it below this number?

Thanks heaps
Jase

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jase,

First question is what's causing it to be so large?
Is it possible that what Excel thinks the last used cell on your individual
worksheets is different from the last cell with actual data??
You can check this quickly by pressing Ctrl + End on each of the
worksheets. You might be surprised at what you find.
If that is the case, you'll need to delete all the unused rows and
columns. For some help on how to do it correctly, take a look
he

John