Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Forms Controls

I want to use option buttons for two different choices. After the user
selects "Choice 1" from a list of 6 options, they then select "Choice
2" from 2 options.

Bottom line is that I was planning to read the choices via a linked
cell - say address "E1" for Choice 1 and "F1" for Choice 2. However, I
can't seem to consistently unlink the two groups; i.e., if I chose
"Option 1" from "Choice 2", then the link shows "7". If I change the
linked cell address for the form buttons, they all change to the same
address (same problem for ActiveX). I tried grouping (using a group
box) and that seemed to work for a while but then I moved the controls
and the problem returned. Deleting and re-grouping with a new box
didn't solve the problem.

If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I believe you should go to the 'GroupName' property.

I am having the same problem as you are. I am trying to set up m
Option Buttons in VB, so I can use the 'GroupName' property, but I d
not know how to program the Click / Unclick.

HELP!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The way to manage option buttons is to use the Group name,
the same name for all buttons in a group. Then clicking
one will 'unclick' the one previously clicked. Set one up
as a default (Value Property). To control the Click
Unclick (there is no unclick event in a group as it is
controlled by the click of another option button) add code
to the .Click event

If you just want something to click and unclick the try a
toggle button or a normal Command button that changes the
Caption each time it is clicked ?
I believe you should go to the 'GroupName' property.

I am having the same problem as you are. I am trying to

set up my
Option Buttons in VB, so I can use the 'GroupName'

property, but I do
not know how to program the Click / Unclick.

HELP!!

~~View and post usenet messages directly from

http://www.ExcelForum.com/

~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step

guide to creating financial statements
.