Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Date & Time format

Hello,

I'm using Excel 2002 (XP). I have created a spreadsheet
where it calculates the time taken by an employee to
complete a task. I have used the date and time format
from the Custom category in the Format Cell Dialog Box.
In that formatted cell, when I key in any time, it shows
1/3/1900 12:00:00 AM. If I key in the date, it will only
how the date but I want both the date and time to appear,
therefore I keyed in the time. This problem occurs also
in excel versions. I have surveyed on the internet and
made a print out on date and time entry. I know that it
stores the date as a serial date. Is there a way where I
can change the format myself to fit my preference?

Thanks for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sheela

All you need to know about Dates and Times and how to enter/format and work
with can be found at Chip Pearson's site.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datetime.htm#TOC

Gord Dibben XL2002