Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Remove default formating and extra data

I have two large reports that get saved as html files. They are big, ugly
and are full of irrelevent data. To delete columns or make any changes
takes a long time. If I open the files and save as csv it removes all the
extra formatting, removes the merged cells etc and makes the formatting and
creating of the pivot tables so much quicker.

Is there a way to get the same result without saving as csv and re-opening
the data files?

Jesse

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes, there is, and it doesn't require programming if
you're not very keen on doing it... All you have to do is
select an entire blank worksheet (from a new book
possibly...), then select your entire sheet and paste
special formats.

Nikos
I have two large reports that get saved as html files.

They are big, ugly
and are full of irrelevent data. To delete columns or

make any changes
takes a long time. If I open the files and save as csv

it removes all the
extra formatting, removes the merged cells etc and makes

the formatting and
creating of the pivot tables so much quicker.

Is there a way to get the same result without saving as

csv and re-opening
the data files?

Jesse

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Nikos Yannacopoulos wrote:
then select your entire sheet and paste
special formats

Good idea; but I think you meant to write Values, not Formats.

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England
No email replies please - reply in newsgroup

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Bill,

I did mean Formats, but missed out something else, making
the whole thing misleading! I meant to write:

select an entire blank worksheet (from a new book
possibly...) AND COPY, then select your entire sheet and
paste
special formats

That way the data is kept in the original file.

Thanks for picking it up!

Nikos