Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Message Box

Hi to All,

I want to display the text in a message box on two lines, eg

msgbox "The date you have entered is not valid, Please Re-Enter the date",
vbcritical, "Input Error"

This displays as

The date you have entered is not valid, Please Re-Enter the date

I want it to display as

The date you have entered is not valid,
Please Re-Enter the date

Help says to use line feed characters or carriage return characters, CHR(10)
or CHR(13) or a combination of the two to achieve this, but I cant seem to
get them to work. Can anyone please advise me,

Any help much appreciated,

Regards,

Alan.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Alan, Try this......

Msgbox "The date you have entered is not valid," & vbCrLf & "Please Re-enter
the date", VbCritical, "Input Error"

Cheers

"Alan" wrote in message
Hi to All,

I want to display the text in a message box on two lines, eg

msgbox "The date you have entered is not valid, Please Re-Enter the

date",
vbcritical, "Input Error"

This displays as

The date you have entered is not valid, Please Re-Enter the date

I want it to display as

The date you have entered is not valid,
Please Re-Enter the date

Help says to use line feed characters or carriage return characters,

CHR(10)
or CHR(13) or a combination of the two to achieve this, but I cant seem to
get them to work. Can anyone please advise me,

Any help much appreciated,

Regards,

Alan.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Nigel,
Thanks a lot, it works perfectly!
VB Help isn't too explicit at times. Do you know where I could get a list of
these type of commands please?
Thanks Again,
Regards,
Alan.

"Alan" wrote in message
Hi to All,

I want to display the text in a message box on two lines, eg

msgbox "The date you have entered is not valid, Please Re-Enter the

date",
vbcritical, "Input Error"

This displays as

The date you have entered is not valid, Please Re-Enter the date

I want it to display as

The date you have entered is not valid,
Please Re-Enter the date

Help says to use line feed characters or carriage return characters,

CHR(10)
or CHR(13) or a combination of the two to achieve this, but I cant seem

get them to work. Can anyone please advise me,

Any help much appreciated,

Regards,

Alan.

News==----