-   -   Message Box (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/283691-message-box.html)

Alan

Message Box

Hi to All,

I want to display the text in a message box on two lines, eg

msgbox "The date you have entered is not valid, Please Re-Enter the date",
vbcritical, "Input Error"

This displays as

The date you have entered is not valid, Please Re-Enter the date

I want it to display as

The date you have entered is not valid,
Please Re-Enter the date

Help says to use line feed characters or carriage return characters, CHR(10)
or CHR(13) or a combination of the two to achieve this, but I cant seem to
get them to work. Can anyone please advise me,

Any help much appreciated,

Regards,

Alan.

Nigel[_8_]

Message Box

Alan, Try this......

Msgbox "The date you have entered is not valid," & vbCrLf & "Please Re-enter
the date", VbCritical, "Input Error"

Cheers

"Alan" wrote in message
Hi to All,

I want to display the text in a message box on two lines, eg

msgbox "The date you have entered is not valid, Please Re-Enter the

date",
vbcritical, "Input Error"

This displays as

The date you have entered is not valid, Please Re-Enter the date

I want it to display as

The date you have entered is not valid,
Please Re-Enter the date

Help says to use line feed characters or carriage return characters,

CHR(10)
or CHR(13) or a combination of the two to achieve this, but I cant seem to
get them to work. Can anyone please advise me,

Any help much appreciated,

Regards,

Alan.

Alan

Message Box

Nigel,
Thanks a lot, it works perfectly!
VB Help isn't too explicit at times. Do you know where I could get a list of
these type of commands please?
Thanks Again,
Regards,
Alan.

"Alan" wrote in message
Hi to All,

I want to display the text in a message box on two lines, eg

msgbox "The date you have entered is not valid, Please Re-Enter the

date",
vbcritical, "Input Error"

This displays as

The date you have entered is not valid, Please Re-Enter the date

I want it to display as

The date you have entered is not valid,
Please Re-Enter the date

Help says to use line feed characters or carriage return characters,

CHR(10)
or CHR(13) or a combination of the two to achieve this, but I cant seem

get them to work. Can anyone please advise me,

Any help much appreciated,

Regards,

Alan.

News==----