Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Individual point standard error bars on chart

I am trying to add standard error bars to an Excel chart -
and in the Excel functions, it adds the same size error
bar to all points. How can I program/configure it to show
assigned error values specifically to each individual
point? My errors are a standard deviation on the mean of
each point. Each point (the mean value) is calculated from
a different number of values.

Thanks for any help you can give on this,

Paul Nelson.

ps I have posted this to the Worksheet Functions group as
well.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Paul,

There is a Custom Values available for both positive and negative.
On the error bar tab of the format dialog of a data series.
Enter in the range that contains the individual values you require.

--

Cheers
Andy

http://www.andypope.info