Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheetfunctions,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Allow user-entered file reference

I've got a problem which the standard Excel package (97/2000/XP)
doesn't seem to be able to handle.

Just a little background w/o the specifics...

Daily, I am generating statistics on my server with each reading saved
as a separate text file. Each of these text files is then converted to
individual Excel workbooks. Workbook names follow the convention
stat.YYYYMMDDhhmm.xls.

Most of the work is done on a MASTER.xls which pulls in and
manipulates data from the individual "stat.YYYYMMDDhhmm.xls" files.
Each column kind of represent the stats for each day, with each row
representing the different parameters.

Here's the question...

In the MASTER.xls, can I have a cell (in each column) where I enter
the name of the file ("stat.YYYYMMDDhhmm.xls") and have all the cells
in that column use what is entered as part of their reference to the
values in the individual "stat.YYYYMMDDhhmm.xls"?

TIA!!