Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Changing Calculation Method

I set up a user form to control user inputs into a complex workbook. On closing the form a range of inputs are pasted into the book, but because the calculation method is set to Automatic, excel re-calculates the sheet after each value is pasted

When I tried to switch off automatic recalculation in code I get a run-time error which I didn't expect. I used

Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManua

but get the error

Run Time Error 1004 - Method 'Calculation' of object '_Application' faile

Any suggestions as to what causes this and how I can fix it ?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Simon,

one method is to move the Application.calculation to the main module:

frmMyForm.show
PasteVals

Charles
______________________
Decision Models
FastExcel Version 2 now available.
www.DecisionModels.com

"Simon Palmer" wrote in message
I set up a user form to control user inputs into a complex workbook. On

closing the form a range of inputs are pasted into the book, but because the
calculation method is set to Automatic, excel re-calculates the sheet after
each value is pasted.

When I tried to switch off automatic recalculation in code I get a

run-time error which I didn't expect. I used :

but get the error :

Run Time Error 1004 - Method 'Calculation' of object '_Application' failed

Any suggestions as to what causes this and how I can fix it ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks