Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default range.address ?

how do i get back the address of a named range ?
rngName: ='FirstSheet"!A1

do u know a good source for learning more about using named ranges; they are
the ail of my existence!

thanks,
mark

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Mark,
Try something like:
xy = ThisWorkbook.Names("Test").RefersTo

it will give you "=Sheet1!$A$1:$A$4"

or .RefersToRange.Address to get "$A1:$A4"

Is this what you need?
Alex J

"Mark Kubicki" wrote in message
how do i get back the address of a named range ?
rngName: ='FirstSheet"!A1

do u know a good source for learning more about using named ranges; they

are
the ail of my existence!

thanks,
mark

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

msgbox range("myrange").Address(external:=True)

if you want the equal sign

msgbox Names("myRange").RefersTo

Tom Ogilvy

Mark Kubicki wrote in message
how do i get back the address of a named range ?
rngName: ='FirstSheet"!A1

do u know a good source for learning more about using named ranges; they

are
the ail of my existence!

thanks,
mark

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I have the same problem. i created a workbook with 6 worksheets, each containing about 100 named ranges (the ranges are for months of the year (Jan to Dec) with the cells referencing the days in each months). I use the named ranges in array formulas (daily cost and chemical usage calcualtiosn per month). I have it setup for 2003, now I created exactly the same one for 2004, but February has 29 days in 2004 (2003 Feb has 28). Al my range references will be out by one cell from Feb onwards. How do I update all those references in one go (maybe with VBA)? Is there an easier way to do these calcualtions than using hundreds of named ranges in array formuals?