Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Import output from mailmerge

hi...

i have a product that was issued by local governemnt that is a database of
local businesses. This outputs a mailmerge from an encrypted access
database. the output is in the form of .rft files.
I'd like to save the outputs for later use, but rather than a ton of .rtf
files i'd prefer them in a excel spreadsheet.

the out put rft looks like this:

name
address

Is there an excel function that could cycle through a few .rft files and
take out this info and then put in the form
name, address
so that i can re mail merge later

regards

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can paste your file into Excel and then work from there
Take a look at
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecols.htm
for some possible solutions.

Possibly you could just create a .txt file instead of an .rtf file
and save space compared to creating an Excel file..

Sounds like a make work project, not too dissimilar from
posting the same question twice, eight hours apart.
---
HTH,