Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Mailmerge zip codes

When I do an address mail merge from an Excel document, it takes any zip
codes that begin with 0 and removes the 0. I have tried changing the cell
format on the Excel document to "Text", but this does not work. What is the
trick?
--
Ronnie
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Options include:
1 Format the cell to text before you type the data into the cell, or
2 Prefix the data with an apostrophe, or
3 Use a helper column =TEXT(A2,"00000") if you want to format as 5 digis
including any leading zeroes, or
4 Use field formatting codes in Word
(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304387), or
5 Alter the means of data transfer from Excel to Word (again see
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304387)
--
David Biddulph

"Ronnie" wrote in message
When I do an address mail merge from an Excel document, it takes any zip
codes that begin with 0 and removes the 0. I have tried changing the cell
format on the Excel document to "Text", but this does not work. What is
the
trick?
--
Ronnie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ronnie

I usually get by using a helper column with

=TEXT(A1,"0000000")

where A1 has the orginal zip codes and you want 7 digits come what may

Give it a try

--
HTH
Nick Hodge