Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default CDO email questions

Hi all,

hope that this one is a simple problem. I have been
scouring the web looking at CDO and MAPI emailing, and
have encountered what may be a classification issue.

1. I call a new Message from CreateObject("CDO.Message")
2. I start a new MAPI.Session and log on successfully to
the service.
3. I call the AddressBook, through the MAPI.Session, and
then return the Recipient collection from the selected
recipients.

4. The problem is that I can't use the recipient.add
method to add the recipients from the objRecipColl from
the Address Book to the CDO Message. I can do this if I
create a MAPI.Message in the Outbox, but then I get all
of the Email Warnings in outlook.

5. If i use the To, CC, BCC properties on the CDO
message, will it resolve the EX addresses. When I use the
send command?
Ie. EX:/o=Company/ou=Division/cn=Recipients/cn=Me -

I can't seem to get the recipients into the Message, so
I'm thinking that a CDO.Message & a MAPI.Message have two
different properties when it comes to the recipients.
Although everywhere I read, it points towards the same
Recipients.Add.

I have successfully tested the .to property of the CDO
Message, and are able to successfully send the emails.
Same with the .Recipients.add of the MAPI message.

Any ideas would be great, I have already checked through
the MSDN site and Ron's website. So thus is why I believe
it may be a classification problem.

Thanks in advance