Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Making certain a cell contains numerics

HI:

I am setting up a table in Excel that will be imported into Access, so its very important
that I get the cell contents consistent with what Access expects especially numerics where
numerics are expected

I am trying to test cells to make certain that they contain numerics, and if they don't
raise a flag so the user will correct it. I am not certain how to do it. I want to use @
functions, since some of the people using the sheet may be using something other than
excel to run it, and most of the other Excel compatible software doesn't support macros.

I have tried to test for blank and space, using the OR capability and failed to make it
work. I know that you can have an "@if" , followed by a string of OR items, and then a
true false action, but cant find the exact syntax to do it. In addition, I want to test
for numerics only, and know there must be a way but don't know what it is.

Can someone give me the command in an @if form that I can use.

Much appreciated

Regards

John Baker
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"John Baker" wrote in message
[...]

Have you looked at the function wizard (the little fx thingy on the
toolbar). There, under information, you will find a host of functions that
will help you. For example IsNumber checks for numeric.
HTH
Geoff