Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default concatenate numerics and text

i need to concatenate numbers and text but don't want the numbers to lose
formatting. For example this is what I want a single cell to say:
The minimum = 22,309.09; the maximum = 36,999.30; the standard deviation =
5,559.59
Where the numbers and text will all be concantenated separately b/c the min,
max, and stdev are coming from separate columns. I can get these all
together using concatenate but then the numbers lose their commas. Does
anyone have advice?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

="The minimum = "&TEXT(A1,"#,000.00")&"; the maximum = "&TEXT(B1,"#,
000.00")&"; the standard deviation = "&TEXT(C1,"#,000.00")

where I have assumed cells A1, B1 and C1 hold your values - adjust to
suit.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jun 23, 5:25*pm, Kris wrote:
i need to concatenate numbers and text but don't want the numbers to lose
formatting. *For example this is what I want a single cell to say:
The minimum = 22,309.09; the maximum = 36,999.30; the standard deviation =
5,559.59
Where the numbers and text will all be concantenated separately b/c the min,
max, and stdev are coming from separate columns. *I can get these all
together using concatenate but then the numbers lose their commas. *Does
anyone have advice?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You're welcome, Kris - thanks for feeding back.

Pete

On Jun 23, 5:48*pm, Kris wrote:
Thanks Pete! *That worked!!