Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Is this a macro or a function?

oh and one more thing.... if said model # already exists under it'
corresponding BD - BX then don't repeat it there...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

ok, let me change it around a bit...column R and S are already bot
filled... R has model #s that sometimes repeat and S has produc
descriptions that often repeat.

there are 21 product desc. which make a row from BD - BX
under each prod. desc. i'd like to put in the matching model fro
column R. so if R7 = model TV111 then S7 would be TV and now i'd lik
R7 to show up under BD1 (let's say) since BD would be TV.
also if possible, when it's going through col. R it omits duplicate
that it already put in col BD - B

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

aapp81 wrote:
*oh and one more thing.... if said model # already exists under it's
corresponding BD - BX then don't repeat it there.... *

I think I can help you, but it's hard to explain. If you'll email me
the file you're referring to, I'll see what I can do, then email it
back.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

i am attaching a "dummy" file of what i need... everything is explaine
in the file itself w/ examples...

thanks, again!

:confused

| Attachment filename: sample.xls
|Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=363740

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I wrote a macro for you. Try it on for size

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

aapp81 wrote:
*i am attaching a "dummy" file of what i need... everything is
explained in the file itself w/ examples...

thanks, again!

*

Try this. I looks like I failed to attach the file correctly.

| Attachment filename: sample_revised.xls |
|Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=363786|

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

WOW... i'm speechless! :D

thank you very much
the macro works great!

saves me literally hours of sorting and arranging

thank's again

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You're welcome.

I figure you got to give a little help to get a little help.

So far though, no one has responded to my question that I posted thi
morning.

Maybe soon........take care.

ric