Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default sort based on color in cell/column

Is there a way to do a sort based on the color of the column?

For example, I want red grouped together, then blue, then green. In theory,
I'd think so as color would be some property of a cell that I'd think I
could access, but I don't know...

thanks,
Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Chris;

If you are using Excel XP there is an "Options" button and
Formatting choice when you do a sort that let you do
exactly what your are asking for. I do not believe it is
in the earlier versions.

Thanks,

Greg
Is there a way to do a sort based on the color of the

column?

For example, I want red grouped together, then blue, then

green. In theory,
I'd think so as color would be some property of a cell

that I'd think I
could access, but I don't know...

thanks,
Chris