-   -   sort based on color in cell/column (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/283050-sort-based-color-cell-column.html)

Chris Powers

sort based on color in cell/column

Is there a way to do a sort based on the color of the column?

For example, I want red grouped together, then blue, then green. In theory,
I'd think so as color would be some property of a cell that I'd think I
could access, but I don't know...

thanks,
Chris

GJones

sort based on color in cell/column

Chris;

If you are using Excel XP there is an "Options" button and
Formatting choice when you do a sort that let you do
exactly what your are asking for. I do not believe it is
in the earlier versions.

Thanks,

Greg
Is there a way to do a sort based on the color of the

column?

For example, I want red grouped together, then blue, then

green. In theory,
I'd think so as color would be some property of a cell

that I'd think I
could access, but I don't know...

thanks,
Chris

.

Chip Pearson[_2_]

sort based on color in cell/column

Chris,

See http://www.cpearson.com/excel/SortByColor.htm for example code to sort
by color.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Chris Powers" wrote in message
Is there a way to do a sort based on the color of the column?

For example, I want red grouped together, then blue, then green. In

theory,
I'd think so as color would be some property of a cell that I'd think I
could access, but I don't know...

thanks,
Chris

Chris Powers

sort based on color in cell/column

Chip - thanks - this looks like just what I needed. Your site could keep me
busy for a while. :-)

-Chris