Posted to microsoft.public.excel.querydao,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Old report suddenly not running

I have an Access 2000 database that has a VB program to output data into
Excel. I've been running it sucessfully a million times over the past few
years. Now it doesn't run (on my PC but still does on everybody elses PC).
I've done nothing to my system files and the VB program wasn't changed.
Excel opens to a blank spreadsheet but nothing happens after than, and when
I go back into Access the following error message is waiting for me. What's
worse is when I click OK I still have to quit the app or the hourglass
doesn't go away. Does anybody recognize this problem?

Error occurred: Nbr = 1004 | Src = Microsoft Excel | Dsc = The file could
not be accessed. Try one fo the following:

| Make sure the specified folder exists
etc.

Any advice would be appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I have an Access 2000 database that has a VB program to

output data into
Excel. I've been running it sucessfully a million times

over the past few
years. Now it doesn't run (on my PC but still does on

everybody elses PC).
I've done nothing to my system files and the VB program

wasn't changed.
Excel opens to a blank spreadsheet but nothing happens

after than, and when
I go back into Access the following error message is

waiting for me. What's
worse is when I click OK I still have to quit the app or

the hourglass
doesn't go away. Does anybody recognize this problem?

Error occurred: Nbr = 1004 | Src = Microsoft Excel | Dsc

= The file could
not be accessed. Try one fo the following:

| Make sure the specified folder exists
etc.

Any advice would be appreciated

.
I've had this kind of thing before when I installed new

Anti Virus of firewall software. By chance did you
install a new version of Norton or McAfee? It may be
blocking you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Nothing was installed. What's peculiar about this is that it runs on the
other PC's, fortunately. I don't need to run it myself, but will need to if
further editing is necessary. I did edit the VB slightly, which might be
the culprit except the original version doesn't run either. Something in
the connection between Access and Excel I bet.