Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel 97 & Pivot Table

Hi There
I have a couple of problems working with with Excel 97 & pivottables.

1). I am trying to rename a couple of datafields where Excel i
creating field names such as 'Sum of Breach' & 'Count of Call_Ref'
wish to rename them. I have tried code such as
Set myField = myPivot.PivotFields("Breach")
then myfield.name = "NewName" but the value appears to be read-only.

2). I am trying to create a Calculatedfield using code such as
Set slafield = myPivot.CalculatedFields.Add("SLA", "(=x)"). I can fin
little or no info on how to set the formula part of the Calculate
field.

Any help would be appreciate

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Well my problem now boils down to summing 2 calculatedfields.
I have field1 which is a count of one set of values, field2 which is
sum of another field now I wish to create a new calculatedfield whic
manipulates field1 and Field2 ie :-

Set slafield = myPivot.CalculatedFields.Add("SLA", "=(Field1
Field2)")

But it doesn't appear that you can do this with calculated fields, ha
anybody any idea how I can do this ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can add a column (e.g. MyCount) to the data, and enter a 1 in each
row. In your calculated field, change the formula to MyCount+Field2, and
you should get the correct total.

pilmart wrote:
Well my problem now boils down to summing 2 calculatedfields.
I have field1 which is a count of one set of values, field2 which is a
sum of another field now I wish to create a new calculatedfield which
manipulates field1 and Field2 ie :-

Set slafield = myPivot.CalculatedFields.Add("SLA", "=(Field1 +
Field2)")

But it doesn't appear that you can do this with calculated fields, has
anybody any idea how I can do this ??

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Many Many thanks, this was exactly what I was looking for
and has solved my problem. Blindingly obvious when you
think about it really.

Once again thankyou

.