Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default securing your vba program

hello,

I have some securiti issues, now i know that a security of a macro ca
easily be overcome but i want to introduce some features to m
project.

1. I want to secure a sheet, zo can't acces a sheet using the tabs

2. I want to use a function that telss me whenever macros are disable
the function makes the whole screen lets say transparant (a formula)

3. The buttons of the menu disable

4. dont scrol to the right, below is halted by freezepanes

Regards,
Nie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Niek:

Any code, buttons etc. that you have in a workbook become "dead" when macros
are disabled, so you can't go that route.

What you need to do is set up your workbook so that it is useless if opened
with macros disabled. Only by enabling macros will it "come to life". This
means that it has to be SAVED in a "dead" state.

Here's an approach I've used:
1) Add a sheet called "EnableMacros". On in put some Instructions like:
"This workbook was designed to work with Macros Enabled. Please close and
reopen this workbook with "Enable Macros" turned on either at the prompt or
via ToolsOptionsSecurityMacroSecurity."
2) Write code in the Workbook.Close event that sets the EnableMacros sheet
to visible and ALL others to VeryHidden.
3) Write code in theWorkbook.Open event that does just the opposite
(EnableMacros becomes VeryHidden and everything else becomes Visible).

If macros are disabled, users will only see the EnableMacros instructions
and won't be able to unhide any other sheets. If macros are enabled, the
EnableMacros instructions are hidden and your "normal" workbook is visible.

Hope this helps,
--
George Nicholson

Remove 'Junk' from return address.

"solo_razor" wrote in message

hello,

I have some securiti issues, now i know that a security of a macro can
easily be overcome but i want to introduce some features to my
project.

1. I want to secure a sheet, zo can't acces a sheet using the tabs

2. I want to use a function that telss me whenever macros are disabled
the function makes the whole screen lets say transparant (a formula)

3. The buttons of the menu disable

4. dont scrol to the right, below is halted by freezepanes

Regards,
Niek