Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ken ken is offline

Default save failure

I have written an RTD provider which returns data in the
form of a string which is ~10K. After my data is returned
and I do a save, Excel takes several minutes to write an
excessively large temporary save file then returns a 'The
disk is full' message followed by a 'Document not saved.'
message. How can I get my RTD spreadsheets to save?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ken,

If you're trying to save the spreadsheet to a floppy then DON'T.
Save it to your hard drive and then copy it to floppy.
Running XL from floppy, or saving directly to a floppy causes problems.

HTH
Henry

"Ken" wrote in message
I have written an RTD provider which returns data in the
form of a string which is ~10K. After my data is returned
and I do a save, Excel takes several minutes to write an
excessively large temporary save file then returns a 'The
disk is full' message followed by a 'Document not saved.'
message. How can I get my RTD spreadsheets to save?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ken ken is offline

I'm not. The file grows to about 1 GB before I get the
disk is full message.

.