Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Code advice please...

I have the following in a cell currently.
=IF(OR(ISNUMBER(SEARCH({"live","appoint"},J2&N2&R2 ))),"T","F")
I am looking for the works live or appointment in on of 3 cells.

I need to look for more words.
Would it be best at that point to use a user defined function or is there a
way to modify the above for more than 2 options?

Which would be the fastest?

I know I could do a function that would test for several varible using if
elseif else, but I am not sure which would be fastest, or how to modify the
above to test for three or four conditions.

Thanks
Bruce

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

=IF(OR(ISNUMBER(SEARCH({"live","appoint","tom","di ck","harry"},J2&N2&R2))),"
T","F")

as an example.

Just add your words to the list.

Tom Ogilvy