Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel Textbox limitations

Hi,
I have been writing a program that imports a file of text into
textbox. My program goes through this text and finds certain data t
be displayed on the specified worksheet. My problem is that, when i
hits a certain point, my cursor goes back to the beginning and does no
continue to search. When I look at the textbox, the data is there.
For some reason, my program doesn't continue searching. Is there
size limit to the text box?
Some guidance will be appreciated. Thanks! :

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I am sure there is a size limit in a textbox, but I believe it is up around
32K characters.

Tom Ogilvy

"Elaine" wrote in message

I have been writing a program that imports a file of text into a
textbox. My program goes through this text and finds certain data to
be displayed on the specified worksheet. My problem is that, when it
hits a certain point, my cursor goes back to the beginning and does not
continue to search. When I look at the textbox, the data is there.
For some reason, my program doesn't continue searching. Is there a
size limit to the text box?
Some guidance will be appreciated. Thanks! :)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Is there any way I can enlarge it? If I hit the limit, shouldn't th
text be truncated? Currently, my textbox displays all of the data
need, but only processes part of it

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I experimented with a textbox from the drawing toolbar and I could put 32000
characters in it, but I could only edit up to about 29000. When I deleted
some characters from the beginning, then I could see the remainder of the
characrters where actually there.

This sounds a little different from what you are seeing, so I can't explain
that.

Tom Ogilvy

"Elaine" wrote in message

Is there any way I can enlarge it? If I hit the limit, shouldn't the
text be truncated? Currently, my textbox displays all of the data I
need, but only processes part of it.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks so much for your help. I'll try to figure it out. It's going
very slowly though :(