Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VBA in excel to update Powerpoint

Hi,

I am using an excel worksheet to calculate whether 2
figures are significantly different and I now need to add
this to a PowerPoint presentation line chart.

I have already put the data into the line chart which is
displaying the data labels and I need to add a bit of
text (eg w1) to the end of the label if the values are
significantly different. The bit of code I have written
is not working and I would welcome any suggestions :

oGraph.Application.Series(x - 1).DataLabel(3) =
oGraph.Application.Series(x - 1).DataLabel(3) + "w1"

Many thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

When you use the MS Graph application within PowerPoint, you are not
using XL. The two have many similar features but are totally different
programs.

Search the google.com archives of the powerpoint NG for any number of
examples of automating MS Graph from within PP and automating PP from
XL (or XL from PP).

Just keep in mind that changing a XL data range or chart has absolutely
nothing to do with a MS Graph chart.

Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions