Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro to paste to other sheet

I was wondering if someone could help me with the following. I have a
excel sheet that is sorted. I need to save this as a cvs file, bu
because it is sorted it results in garbage. I think the way around i
is to cut and paste each row to another sheet. I am not familiar wit
macros and cannot get it to work. I have to paste 4000 rows fro
column A to D from one sheet to antoher sheet.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

select range to save in the csv file
copy
paste/special/values into a new workbook
save this one as csv (to save only active sheet.... press ok)
it should work. your first file was scrapped due to formulas/filters o
some special stuff not because of sorting

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for replying. I tried your suggestion, but it does not work.
still think it has to do with the sort. When I paste (even using you
instructions) I get a completely different order and some rows do no
have item numbers etc. The reason I think it is because of the sort i
because in the original file there are missing row numbers (ie ro
1,2,11,13,15 etc.).

Any other suggestions

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

What does "rows are missing" mean?

If that means the row numbers along the left hand side are missing, then you've
got hidden rows. (Either via a filter (data|filter) or just hiding the row
(rowheight to 0).)

If you want to not save those hidden rows in your .csv file, you could copy the
visible cells to a new sheet and save from there.

Select the range
edit|goto|special|visible cells only
copy

(and then paste to that new worksheet and save from there).

pmunster wrote:

Thanks for replying. I tried your suggestion, but it does not work. I
still think it has to do with the sort. When I paste (even using your
instructions) I get a completely different order and some rows do not
have item numbers etc. The reason I think it is because of the sort is
because in the original file there are missing row numbers (ie row
1,2,11,13,15 etc.).

Any other suggestions?

Dave Peterson