Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro to paste to other sheet

What does "rows are missing" mean?

If that means the row numbers along the left hand side are missing, then you've
got hidden rows. (Either via a filter (data|filter) or just hiding the row
(rowheight to 0).)

If you want to not save those hidden rows in your .csv file, you could copy the
visible cells to a new sheet and save from there.

Select the range
edit|goto|special|visible cells only
copy

(and then paste to that new worksheet and save from there).

pmunster wrote:

Thanks for replying. I tried your suggestion, but it does not work. I
still think it has to do with the sort. When I paste (even using your
instructions) I get a completely different order and some rows do not
have item numbers etc. The reason I think it is because of the sort is
because in the original file there are missing row numbers (ie row
1,2,11,13,15 etc.).

Any other suggestions?

Dave Peterson