Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Limit on Number of Lines of VBA Code?

I know there are certain VBA limits that don't exist in the standard Visual
Basic Development Environment (e.g. number of Line Continuation characters
in the same subroutine), but is there a limit to the number of lines of VBA
code that can exist within a single Excel workbook??? I'm currently using
Excel 2002.

Thanks,

Mark D'Agosta

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Mark

I would guess it's available memory. I just added 10,000 lines to a module
with no problem.

Sub testlines()

Dim i As Long
Dim vbc As VBComponent
Dim vbp As VBProject
Dim wb As Workbook

Set wb = Workbooks.Add

Set vbc = wb.VBProject.VBComponents.Add(vbext_ct_StdModule)

For i = 1 To 10000
vbc.CodeModule.InsertLines 1, "'" & i
Next i

Dick Kusleika